I decided to have a go at this chocolate banana bread last week – I had my Mum round so thought it couldn’t go wrong with her help. I am cursed with baking, as things never turn out right for me and my family normally take great pleasure in reminding me. This time however it was a real success and I am so proud I wanted to share it with you all. It was very easy to do and came out lovely and moist. It’s a Fay Ripley recipe, from her What’s for dinner? book, which I really like.
For a treat it makes a lovely tea-time dessert with custard – A winner in our house anyway!
130g butter, softened
150g light brown sugar
3 ripe bananas (about 300g) peeled and mashed
1tsp vanilla extract
2 large free range eggs
250g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g chocolate chunks
3 tbsp milk
1) Preheat the over to 160 degrees (fan) and the butter or line a loaf tin.
2) Cream the buuer and sugar in a large bowl. Add mashed bananas, vanilla and eggs and whisk together.
3) Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix well. Fold in chocolate and milk.
4) Plop into the loaf tin and bake for 50-60 mins till risen. Cool slightly in tin before turning out.
5) ENJOY WARM IF POSSIBLE!!!!! YUM YUM